Skip to content

Faq’s Frequently asked questions


Who can apply?

Any military personnel or veteran who has been physically or mentally injured in the line of duty can apply for a deer hunt. Any North Dakota born veteran that has been honorably discharged from service may apply for the cow elk culling activity.


What will my out of pocket expenses be?

IMWPND will cover transportation, lodging, meals, licensing, and up to $300 for the processing fees. An expense report will be provided. In order to be reimbursed, receipts must accompany the expense report and be returned to IMWPND within 30 days of the hunt.


How will I be notified if I am chosen for a hunt?

A IMWPND board member will contact you by phone.


Do you provide guns?

IMWPND will not provide weapons or ammunition to the hunter.


How will my harvested animal be processed and will I be given the meat?

IMWPND will provide up to $300 for meat processing with receipts.


Will my trophy animal be mounted?

IMWPND will not cover any taxidermy costs.